Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trip to St. Louis and More

Snoozing with Papa
Meeting Great Grandma StabenowCousin Daniel Like Father like Son


Evan is almost 8 weeks old. Hard to believe that I've been a mom for 2 months already. We are doing great. He continues to grow and become more active each day.

We had a great trip to St. Louis over Labor Day weekend. I was able to fly home on Tuesday with Evan and then Tom drove in on Thursday. We had a wonderful time seeing lots of family and friends and introducing Evan to everyone. Evan did great and adjusted just fine to being held constantly. We had lots of family/friend get togethers, attended my dad's retirement party, went to the famous St. Paul picnic and even had a night to ourselves to go to a Cardinal game(Evan stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Wehmeier).

Since we have been back I feel like I am figuring things out a little bit more. I am now able to take care of Evan, do some laundry and maybe even have dinner ready at a reasonable time. This is a big change from a few weeks ago when I thought we would be eating frozen food or take out for the rest of our lives. I have had a few outings with my neighbor to some parks around town and I am looking forward to starting MOPS this week at our church.

While in St. Louis we also became proud owners of a boat. This has been something that Tom has wanted for a long time and an opportunity came up on one that was hard to pass up. It was actually in St. Louis so we picked it up while we were home. It is a fish and ski so Tom will be able to fish out of it and it will also be a great family boat for us. He took it out this past weekend to fish and I am hoping that if the weather is nice this weekend Evan and I can go check it out. I will have to post some pictures later.

I think that is all for now. We are enjoying the MN fall weather and looking forward to our next trip home in October.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a fun visit at home! Ramsay and I had a blast meeting Evan (and Tom) and seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos, Leslie. It is great to have you at home and not on the road. We are anxious to see Evan again over the holidays and see how much he has changed. I am sure you see something different from day-to-day. Enjoy the new boat and all the outdoor activities you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom and Evan on the couch is my favorite. It was great to see you and wonderful to finally meet Evan. If you upload your trip photos to walgreens, send me the link. I'll take a few over to show grandma. I can't wait to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete